One of my favorite things to add into my blends is Spirulina.
What is Spirulina?
- Spirulina is a blue-green microalga that is found in fresh and saltwater.
- It is harvested, freeze-dried, then sold in tablet or powder form.
- You can buy spirulina in nutrition stores or online such as Amazon.
Benefits of Spirulina
- High in protein– One TBSP contains 6g of protein
- Good source of iron– One TBSP contains about 4.3 mg of iron
- Contains magnesium– One TBSP contains about 14 mg of magnesium (that is more than what you would get from 1/2 cup of spinach!)
- Detoxifying! It binds to metal in the body, aiding in detoxification 🙂